Sandafayre Ltd. - Internet/Mail Sale - July 30, 2019
With over 3600 lots on offer our latest sale is sure to have something for everyone! We have everything from sought after single stamps and sets to exhibition standard collections and even multi-carton sorter lots! Make sure you don't miss the following: Aguilla's Independence Stamps; New Zealand Stamps & Stamp Collections; San Marino Stamps & Proofs; British East Africa Stamps plus hundreds of Commonwealth lots, Great Britain lots, European lots – All countries in the world from Aden to Zululand! There are also some great sorter lots and collections. Remember, ALL THE LOTS WE SELL COME WITH A 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE!
Gert Müller GmbH & Co. KG - Worldwide Public Auction - August 16-17, 2019
A wide range of stamps and covers with many rare items. Includes France 1849 1f vermilion and 1928 air surcharge pair, Switzerland classics noting Double Geneva, several Basel Doves and an outstanding range of other European rarities. Our German sections includes the States with Bavaria having several Einsers and a fine selection of covers from an extensive specialized collection. Saxony with single and multiple frankings of the Dreier and much else from the other States. Empire issues include Vineta provisional on piece and on wrapper, the extremely rare 1932 ‘RDF plate flaw‘ on cover (only three covers known). German Colonies includes collections and scarce stamps and covers noting an exceptional China P.Os 50pf Tientsin provisional tied to piece. Wide selection of German Occupation issues and covers, WWII propaganda forgeries with scarcer, extensive post-war etc. Also numerous large world estates and collections, one country album lots and accumulations
- Fantasy Philately! is concluded. Vote for your favorites!
- Rules are here.
- $1 million Collection Category
- $1,000 1st Place award sponsored by Sparks Auctions.
- $250 Cash prize from StampAuctionNetwork
- $125 Cash prize from StampAuctionNetwork
- $10,000 Collection Category
- $500 Cash prize from StampAuctionNetwork
- $500 2nd Place award sponsored by Dutch Country Auctions/The Stamp Center
- $250 3rd Place award sponsored by Paradise Valley Stamp Company, Inc.
Stamp of the Day
From The New Amsterdam Collection of US Rarities - Cherrystone Auctions - July 10, 2019
Lot 169 -
1908 2c carmine, vertical coil pair, l.h., bottom stamp centered to top, pencil signed G.B. Sloane, top stamp well centered, beautiful color, fine-v.f., with 1985 and 2019 Philatelic Foundation Certificates. The 321 coil pair is one of the premier rarities of United States Philately (if not all of Philately in general) with only five pairs known (including one in the Miller Collection at the New York Public Library, which is currently on loan at the Smithsonian), and one with rejoined perforatio....Cat. $450000, Est.$300,000
Sold for US$ 700,000
Stamp of the Day
From Mail Auction - Vance Auctions - August 21, 2019
Lot 5038 -
3, Scarce mint example of the 5› Imperforate, nice colour, 3 margins, F, OG, lightly soiled appearing centre is from dark hinge on reverse. THE RAREST EARLY BR. COLUMBIA MINT STAMP. Has 2019 Greene Foundation Certificate....50,000.00
Stamp of the Day
From Box & Country Lot Auction #F501 - No Buyer's Premium - Free Shipping - Paradise Valley Stamp Company - July 26, 2019
Lot 8578 -
SWEDEN, 1920, 50o on 4o VIOLET WMK CROWN USED, #C5, well-centered with (GRI)MSLOF Sep., 1921 d.s., very fine, extremely scarce properly used, with 2018 Obermuller- Wilen cert., cat. $600.00....$300
Currently US$ 300
Stamp of the Day
From The 7th Tour de Cure Auction - Droege - American Diabetes Association Sale - June 14, 2019
Lot 3 -
A rare single-franking use of the 90¢ 1861 Issue to pay the double rate to China on a colorful cover to Shanghai sent via Southampton, England
90¢ Blue (72), beautifully centered, deep shade, tied by two strikes of Philadelphia 12-bar grid in circle cancel on buff cover addressed to John M. Nixon, Jr., care of Blain, Tate & Co. in Shanghai, China, red Philadelphia Paid” foreign-mail office circular datestamp very faintly struck (as often for this office in this period),....Suggested Bid Est. $20,000
Sold for US$ 16,000
Stamp Auction Network News and Facts
- November 14th, the new record for a single C3a 24¢ Invert Position 49, sold
to a SAN Live bidder for $1,350,000 + the buyers commission -- this is 2nd place on the all-time highest prices paid using Live Bidding. The bidder was asked if he wanted to be on the phone, and he said, "No I'm fine with StampAuctionNetwork Live".See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- June 20, 2018 -- StampAuctionNetwork Agent Bidding was thoroughly test and performed exceptionally. We had 7 bidders participate in the test, They bid on 40 lots in the Siegel International Sale, they won 8 lots, won all the ties, bought lots totalling $14,500, and saved $1,650 at a cost of $145.
SAN Agent fees are waived in June, 2018 to anyone who uses the service. You must join StampAuctionNetwork Basic or Extended features at some level (trial, BASIC, Extended, or PowerUser), but that can be as little as $9.95/year. Fees are 1% of the hammer price.
- June 13, 2018 -- StampAuctionNetwork goes over $1 Billion! (adjusted for currency).
With the addition of a number of recent David Feldman SA sales, and the restoration of Shreves Sales 7-39, 151-157, and 161-162 (31,000 lots with PR's of 45 million), StampAuctionNetwork officially crosses
the $1 Billion mark in prices realized. No other auction site has this significant a database of prices realized.
- June 11, 2018. Instructional Videos and Webinars are released at StampAuctionNetwork starting with "StampAuctionNetwork Agent Bidding Explained"
- February 23, 2018. Announcing StampAuctionNetwork Extended Features!
- December 20, 2017. Record Breaking Results. SAN Bidders broke the record for percent of Sales sold for a major sale. Over 83% of Robert A Siegel's sale 1173 sold to SAN bidders, with another 11% of Lots where the SAN bidder was the underbidder. Only 6% of lots sold without SAN competition.
- June 9th, 2016. Live Bidding results at WSS-NY 2016. Even though the entire world was at WSS, SAN Live
bidders who were not at the show brought home great stamps. Live Bidders won $1,059,000 of lots offered by the four
auction houses at WSS, and were the underbidders on another $700,000 worth of material, bringing the total impact of
SAN live bidders to $1,734,000. Thank you live bidders!
- May 29, 2016. Live Bidding at World Stamp Show-NY 2016. We are pleased to announce
that all of the auctioneers at WSS-NY 2016 will also make their
auctions available to StampAuctionNetwork bidders using our live bidding
platform on any device. You can bid from anywhere in the world,
or even the auction room floor using StampAuctionNetwork's live bidding.
- April 18th, 2016. Tour de Cure Charity Auction to Benefit the American Diabetes Association. Our 4th annual auction for diabetes
was a record breaker! Over $45,000 was raised that will go directly to research efforts to cure diabetes. My ride will
be May 14th and 15th. Thanks again to all our auction sponsors who made generous donations of stamps and covers for the
auction, and to our collector friends who also made contributions. A special thanks to Daniel Kelleher LLC who at the last
minute provided some excellent Asia material which was hotly contested. When the dust had settled, Kelleher was
responsible for over $30,000 of the $45,500 total. Paradise Vally and Earl P.L. Apfelbaum also made large contributions.
- December 31, 2014. Announcing StampAuctionNetwork for Mobile Devices! Just click on the link or go to
mStampAuctions.com or StampAuctionMobile.com to use StampAuctionNetwork on any of your mobile devices. The new interface has
been in development for a year now, and has been tested by our own StampAuctionNetwork mobile evaluation team, so it is ready for
general use. Please send any additional feedback my way!
- July 10, 2014. The 1st Fantasy Philately! contest is concluded. See the Results!
- June 26, 2014, a 30c Ultramarine & Carmine, Flags Inverted (121b) sold in the Siegel Rarities of the World to a SAN Live Bidder for $290,000. See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- May 13, 2014, a few new records for SAN Live Bidders. The C3a 24¢ Invert Position 89, sold
to a SAN Live bidder for $230,000. Interestingly, it last sold to a different SAN Live bidder two years
earlier for $150,000.See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- April 1, 2014. The 2nd Annual TourdeCure Charity Auction for the American Diabetes Association
realized over $11,000. The autographed copy of Bill Gross's book sold for $775.
- November 5, 2013. Announcing "Fantasy Philately" at StampAuctionNetwork.com
- June 25, 2013, SAN Live Bidders shattered several 6 year records which I did not think would be broken.
First the new record for a single lot sold to a live bidder is $1,950,000 breaking the old record of
$650,000. The new monthly record is already over $5 million which breaks the previous
monthly record of $4.3 million. See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- June 8, 2013 - Let us do your Searches for you! Manage your Saved Searches and opt in for email notification. Just Login, and pick Search to turn your
saved searched into email notifications. You will get matches on your searches via email when the auctions are first posted.
- May 23rd, 2013 - Language Translation Introduced. Press the "Translate On" button to translate from English to any of
several dozen languages, or to translate to English. Please send your comments to tldroege@StampAuctionNetwork.com.
- March 29, 2013 - A record month at StampAuctionNetwork. 3,931 lots sold to 476 different
live bidders for $3,870,432 for the month of March, 2013!
- March 29, 2013 ** New Records** See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- January 30, 2013. New Search Features let you pull lots added since a date and then save that data to an excel file.
- StampAuctionNetwork is on Facebook! Like us!
- May 4th, 2012. We added some pagination to the search feature to make it easier to use. No limits on results now.
- Dec 14th, 2011. Non US Live bidders take most of Kelleher Delta Collection. 51% of the sale went to Live Bidders,
but the US made up only 10% of that. Most went to Saudia Arabian, Egyptian, and UAE bidders.
- October 31, 2011 - A record month at StampAuctionNetwork. 2,985 lots sold to 620 different
live bidders for $3,851,952 for the month of October, 2011!
- June, 2007. $650,000 record for a lot sold on the Internet,
$3.1 Million, record for a day,
$4.3 Million to Live Bidders for the month.
- October 16, 2011 - Another busy live bidding week.
1534 lots were sold to live bidders totaling $1.3 million
and 348 different winning bidders participated in
auctions by Siegel, Apfelbaum, and Kelleher.
- August 19-20, 2011 - a record 171 different live bidders were sucessful in
the Spink Shreve's Collector's series sale.
- June 4-5, 2010 - 137 different Live Bidders took home a record 837 lots totaling $660,000
at the Harmers Sale.
- March 12, 2010 - A record 154 Live Bidders took home 515 lots totaling $672,635
at Spink Shreve's Collector's series sale.
- Robert A. Siegel sells over 40% of Sale 983 to Live Bidders - February 23, 2010
- 3,421 unique visits per day as of February, 2010
- September 13, 2008 -
A record 130 Live Bidders took home 796 lots totaling $817,000
at Spink Shreve's Collector's series sale.
- with over 16,000 Registered Bidders!
- October 21-24, 2010 - a record 174 different Live Bidders took home a record 1014 lots totaling $576,215 at the
Daniel Kelleher Sale.
- $2.7 Million to Live Bidders in April, 2009
- $2.5 Million to Live Bidders in May, 2008,
Harmers International, Inc. - United States, British Commonwealth, Foreign and Classic Unused G - July 23, 2019
Our summer auction contains over 450 lots with: U.S. early issues with strength in 1857 through the Grill Issues, plate blocks and 22 lots of collections; Great Britain with 39 lots of very high value classics, individual catalogue values to $35,000 and very fine Officials; Other British Commonwealth with exceptional Africa issues, also B.N.A., several n.h. Zanzibar high values and Rhodesian Double Heads; Foreign includes Zeppelins, Persia; 35 lots of Harmer’s famous Collections and Various.
Filatelia Llach, S.L. - Worldwide Internet/Mail Sale - July 25, 2019
Welcome to our sale 141. This sale offers classic and important sets of most countries, including: Spain and Spanish area, with nice classics items, mint or used with high quality items; Postal History, including important collection of CATALONIA (Third part) with important items; Also Civil War items both areas; Good sets in 1900-1960 period with varieties; Spanish Colonies and Dependences with nice, rare and valuable lots including imperfs, Latin America, Great Britain and area, Canada/Newfoundland; F
RANCE and area, Italy and area, etc.. and as always, value sets and covers worldwide; and countries collections with important and high value lots.
Paradise Valley Stamp Company - Box & Country Lot Sale #F501 - No Buyer's Premium - Free Shipping - July 26, 2019
NO BUYER'S PREMIUM! Sale #F501 features over 600 lots including a couple
of minor rarities from Sweden incl. the 15 ore Violet (#189) and the 1920
50o Air Post with watermark crown (#C5), further lots from BOSNIA &
HERZEGOVINA incl. town cancel collections, a very specialized collection of
the first issues of Yugoslavia overprinted on Bosnia Herzegovina with many
varieties, all certified or signed, In addition United States and Worldwide
singles and collection lots. We continue breaking up a very comprehensive
collection of Bosnia & Herzegovina with a number of the scarce perf.
varieties in matching sets, die proofs and varieties. Much is offered in
collection lots by issue where every pages is scanned.
Cherrystone Auctions - Rare Stamps and Postal History of the World - August 6-7, 2019
Our August 6-7, 2019 Auction is now online and will be held in our New York
City galleries and on CherrystoneLive. There are 1,668 lots of rare Stamps
and Postal History of the World - properties of numerous vendors and
estates sold by their order. We begin with United States, followed by
Austria, Belgium, France and Colonies, Germany and Colonies, German World
War II Occupation Issues, Italy and Colonies, Liechtenstein, Poland,
Russia, Spain, Switzerland and Scandinavian Countries. British
Commonwealth is well represented with strength in Victoria and George V
singles and sets. Also noteworthy is Colombia with a complete set of the
1920 Scadta vignettes unused and on individual covers. There is also a
selection of Ethiopia, additional South and Central America, Asia and rest
of the world.