Daniel F. Kelleher Auctions, LLC - US Stamps and Postal History Public Auction - February 18-19, 2020
Flagship sale with nearly 1000 lots of US and Possessions stamps and postal history, including: The "Kelly" Collection of U.S. singles including Officials and Newspaper Stamps; The "King's Ransom" Collection of Classic U.S. mint singles and The Gregory Scott Ward U.S. Collection.
Stampbay, Inc - India Exclusive Public Auction - February 21, 2020
We are glad to announce our 3rd India Exclusive Auction. Bids will be accepted by mail, email and through StampAuctionNetwork. This is a specialized British India sale with items covering all aspects of Indian Philately and includes several elusive items. We have kept the initial starting bids much below the low estimates. Here are some highlights of our February 21st auction: 1880 Hand-painted essay of QV and a unique sheet of lithographic transfer; Several white and blue Scinde Dawks; Lithographs - Huge selection of unused including 9 1/2 arches in both shades and half sheet of 1a, used incl 1a die III blk/4, multiples and Covers; Large selection of India used Abroad; Large selection of Errors and Varieties and much more.
Gert Müller GmbH - Worldwide Public Auction - February 21-22, 2020
This Auction offers a wide range of rare single lots and substantial collections. Single lots of German States from the ‘Laurentius‘ collection in mint and used of exceptional quality; single lots with estimates from €50 to €50,000 including Liechtenstein with rare varieties, classic Switzerland with ‘ Double Geneva ‘ used on cover, several Basel Doves, 4C. Waadt in extremely fine condition, Austria with one of the most striking examples of the‘ Vermilion Mercury ’, rarities from the German States, German Empire with propaganda forgeries of WWII, German Colonies rarities, Soviet Occupation Zone including the famous Dr. Norbert Koch collection. Also offering over 3000 collections, lots and estates including a fantastic specialized collection of Lombardy and Venetia, one country collections of Europe and overseas, German States covers, German Empire stamp booklets and huge mixed lots containing up to 650 albums.
Viennafil Auktionen - Worldwide Mail Auction: Italy, Austria, Germany, Europe and Overseas - February 25, 2020
The mail auction on February 25th includes over 2700 lots with focus on Italy, Austria, Germany, Europe and Oversea. Some lots have greatly reduced prices. Featuring: Austria; Old Germany and German territories; Italy; Europe and Overseas.
Robert A. Siegel Auction Galleries, Inc. - The Ambassador J. William Middendorf II Collection - February 25, 2020
In this single-owner sale, we are offering the Ambassador J. William
Middendorf II specialized collections of U.S. Postmasters’ Provisionals,
1847 Issue, 1851-57 Issue with emphasis on the 1¢ Imperforate and
Perforated stamps, Pony Express, Navy Department and Hawaii. In each area
there are significant rarities and exhibition-caliber items.
Cherrystone Auctions - Rare Stamps and Postal History of the World - March 3-4, 2020
We are pleased to announce our March 3- 4, 2020 Auction, featuring the Fred
Blau collection of Palestine Aerophilately and Military Mail, followed by
United States and Possessions, with Dr.Ernesto Arosemena's Canal Zone,
continuing with selections from Asia, Western European countries, South and
Central America, Middle East, as well as extensive Great Britain and
British Commonwealth, Poland with an exceptional collection of World War II
Occupation proofs & essays, Russia, Vatican City, etc., and ending as usual
with Large Lots and Collections.
- Fantasy Philately! is concluded. Vote for your favorites!
- Rules are here.
- $1 million Collection Category
- $1,000 1st Place award sponsored by Sparks Auctions.
- $250 Cash prize from StampAuctionNetwork
- $125 Cash prize from StampAuctionNetwork
- $10,000 Collection Category
- $500 Cash prize from StampAuctionNetwork
- $500 2nd Place award sponsored by Dutch Country Auctions/The Stamp Center
- $250 3rd Place award sponsored by Paradise Valley Stamp Company, Inc.
Stamp of the Day
From Flagship Sale 733 - Daniel F. Kelleher Auctions, LLC - February 18 -19
Lot 265 -
1870, 90¢ carmine, H. grill (Scott 144), disturbed o.g., vibrant shade, crisp proof-like impression, large margins to huge at bottom, an amazing example of this most difficult stamp; we consider disturbed original gum designation particularly harsh and not mentioned on P.F. certificate, Very Fine, a particularly attractive example of this very rare and difficult sound original gum grilled National Bank Note, with 2019 P.S.E. and 1983 P.F. certificates.
Scott $2....Suggested Bid $12,000-15,000
Sold for US$ 8,500
Stamp of the Day
From Public Auction-United States, Czechoslovakia, and autographs - Matthew Bennett International - February 29-March 1, 2020
Lot 80 -
Penn, William (1644-1718), founder of Pennsylvania, early Quaker, autograph letter signed, "WM Penn", plus an additional postscript initialed "W.P.", and a note at the end of the inventory initialed "W.P." A most important letter by William Penn, accompanied by an inventory documenting the capture of some of Captain Kidd's "Pyrat" booty.
Seven pages 6¾" x 9¾", Philadelphia December 30, 1700, plus a three page....
Stamp of the Day
From Public Auction #481- No Buyer's Fee - Modern Stamps, Inc. - February 22, 2020
Lot 321 -
739A-739C (3), "Vestiges", Cmpt. Set as Imperf. Blks. of 4, 1985 Issue, Sound Cond., OG, MNH, F-VF, Cat. Value for the Perforated Stamps is $1,680.00....600.00
Currently US$ 240
Stamp of the Day
From Box & Country Sale #F530 - No Buyer's Premium - Free Shipping - Paradise Valley Stamp Company - Feb. 21, 2020
Lot 8183 -
FRENCH MOROCCO, 1952, 10fr+20fr LECLERC MONUMENT UNISSUED SEMI-POSTAL AIR POST DE LUXE PROOF, very fine, scarce, Maury PA #89C @ €400.00....$100
Currently US$ 100
Stamp Auction Network News and Facts
- November 14th, the new record for a single C3a 24¢ Invert Position 49, sold
to a SAN Live bidder for $1,350,000 + the buyers commission -- this is 2nd place on the all-time highest prices paid using Live Bidding. The bidder was asked if he wanted to be on the phone, and he said, "No I'm fine with StampAuctionNetwork Live".See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- June 20, 2018 -- StampAuctionNetwork Agent Bidding was thoroughly test and performed exceptionally. We had 7 bidders participate in the test, They bid on 40 lots in the Siegel International Sale, they won 8 lots, won all the ties, bought lots totalling $14,500, and saved $1,650 at a cost of $145.
SAN Agent fees are waived in June, 2018 to anyone who uses the service. You must join StampAuctionNetwork Basic or Extended features at some level (trial, BASIC, Extended, or PowerUser), but that can be as little as $9.95/year. Fees are 1% of the hammer price.
- June 13, 2018 -- StampAuctionNetwork goes over $1 Billion! (adjusted for currency).
With the addition of a number of recent David Feldman SA sales, and the restoration of Shreves Sales 7-39, 151-157, and 161-162 (31,000 lots with PR's of 45 million), StampAuctionNetwork officially crosses
the $1 Billion mark in prices realized. No other auction site has this significant a database of prices realized.
- June 11, 2018. Instructional Videos and Webinars are released at StampAuctionNetwork starting with "StampAuctionNetwork Agent Bidding Explained"
- February 23, 2018. Announcing StampAuctionNetwork Extended Features!
- December 20, 2017. Record Breaking Results. SAN Bidders broke the record for percent of Sales sold for a major sale. Over 83% of Robert A Siegel's sale 1173 sold to SAN bidders, with another 11% of Lots where the SAN bidder was the underbidder. Only 6% of lots sold without SAN competition.
- June 9th, 2016. Live Bidding results at WSS-NY 2016. Even though the entire world was at WSS, SAN Live
bidders who were not at the show brought home great stamps. Live Bidders won $1,059,000 of lots offered by the four
auction houses at WSS, and were the underbidders on another $700,000 worth of material, bringing the total impact of
SAN live bidders to $1,734,000. Thank you live bidders!
- May 29, 2016. Live Bidding at World Stamp Show-NY 2016. We are pleased to announce
that all of the auctioneers at WSS-NY 2016 will also make their
auctions available to StampAuctionNetwork bidders using our live bidding
platform on any device. You can bid from anywhere in the world,
or even the auction room floor using StampAuctionNetwork's live bidding.
- April 18th, 2016. Tour de Cure Charity Auction to Benefit the American Diabetes Association. Our 4th annual auction for diabetes
was a record breaker! Over $45,000 was raised that will go directly to research efforts to cure diabetes. My ride will
be May 14th and 15th. Thanks again to all our auction sponsors who made generous donations of stamps and covers for the
auction, and to our collector friends who also made contributions. A special thanks to Daniel Kelleher LLC who at the last
minute provided some excellent Asia material which was hotly contested. When the dust had settled, Kelleher was
responsible for over $30,000 of the $45,500 total. Paradise Vally and Earl P.L. Apfelbaum also made large contributions.
- December 31, 2014. Announcing StampAuctionNetwork for Mobile Devices! Just click on the link or go to
mStampAuctions.com or StampAuctionMobile.com to use StampAuctionNetwork on any of your mobile devices. The new interface has
been in development for a year now, and has been tested by our own StampAuctionNetwork mobile evaluation team, so it is ready for
general use. Please send any additional feedback my way!
- July 10, 2014. The 1st Fantasy Philately! contest is concluded. See the Results!
- June 26, 2014, a 30c Ultramarine & Carmine, Flags Inverted (121b) sold in the Siegel Rarities of the World to a SAN Live Bidder for $290,000. See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- May 13, 2014, a few new records for SAN Live Bidders. The C3a 24¢ Invert Position 89, sold
to a SAN Live bidder for $230,000. Interestingly, it last sold to a different SAN Live bidder two years
earlier for $150,000.See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- April 1, 2014. The 2nd Annual TourdeCure Charity Auction for the American Diabetes Association
realized over $11,000. The autographed copy of Bill Gross's book sold for $775.
- November 5, 2013. Announcing "Fantasy Philately" at StampAuctionNetwork.com
- June 25, 2013, SAN Live Bidders shattered several 6 year records which I did not think would be broken.
First the new record for a single lot sold to a live bidder is $1,950,000 breaking the old record of
$650,000. The new monthly record is already over $5 million which breaks the previous
monthly record of $4.3 million. See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- June 8, 2013 - Let us do your Searches for you! Manage your Saved Searches and opt in for email notification. Just Login, and pick Search to turn your
saved searched into email notifications. You will get matches on your searches via email when the auctions are first posted.
- May 23rd, 2013 - Language Translation Introduced. Press the "Translate On" button to translate from English to any of
several dozen languages, or to translate to English. Please send your comments to tldroege@StampAuctionNetwork.com.
- March 29, 2013 - A record month at StampAuctionNetwork. 3,931 lots sold to 476 different
live bidders for $3,870,432 for the month of March, 2013!
- March 29, 2013 ** New Records** See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- January 30, 2013. New Search Features let you pull lots added since a date and then save that data to an excel file.
- StampAuctionNetwork is on Facebook! Like us!
- May 4th, 2012. We added some pagination to the search feature to make it easier to use. No limits on results now.
- Dec 14th, 2011. Non US Live bidders take most of Kelleher Delta Collection. 51% of the sale went to Live Bidders,
but the US made up only 10% of that. Most went to Saudia Arabian, Egyptian, and UAE bidders.
- October 31, 2011 - A record month at StampAuctionNetwork. 2,985 lots sold to 620 different
live bidders for $3,851,952 for the month of October, 2011!
- June, 2007. $650,000 record for a lot sold on the Internet,
$3.1 Million, record for a day,
$4.3 Million to Live Bidders for the month.
- October 16, 2011 - Another busy live bidding week.
1534 lots were sold to live bidders totaling $1.3 million
and 348 different winning bidders participated in
auctions by Siegel, Apfelbaum, and Kelleher.
- August 19-20, 2011 - a record 171 different live bidders were sucessful in
the Spink Shreve's Collector's series sale.
- June 4-5, 2010 - 137 different Live Bidders took home a record 837 lots totaling $660,000
at the Harmers Sale.
- March 12, 2010 - A record 154 Live Bidders took home 515 lots totaling $672,635
at Spink Shreve's Collector's series sale.
- Robert A. Siegel sells over 40% of Sale 983 to Live Bidders - February 23, 2010
- 3,421 unique visits per day as of February, 2010
- September 13, 2008 -
A record 130 Live Bidders took home 796 lots totaling $817,000
at Spink Shreve's Collector's series sale.
- with over 16,000 Registered Bidders!
- October 21-24, 2010 - a record 174 different Live Bidders took home a record 1014 lots totaling $576,215 at the
Daniel Kelleher Sale.
- $2.7 Million to Live Bidders in April, 2009
- $2.5 Million to Live Bidders in May, 2008,
Paradise Valley Stamp Company - Box & Country Lot Sale #F530 - No Buyer's Premium - Free Shipping - February 21, 2020
US Classic covers incl. #1 to France, US fancy cancels on cover, few Luxembourg classics, French Colonies and collections lots.
Lots of singles and collection lots from a wide variety countries. More of note are:
French areas - French Colonies,
Scandinavia incl. Denmark,
US Classic Covers,
Italian States and Italy,
San Marino, and Germany and areas
Daniel F. Kelleher Auctions, LLC - The Ward Collection of the U.S. Parcel Post Issue - February 20, 2020
The Ward Collection of the U.S. Parcel Post Issue.
Daniel F. Kelleher Auctions, LLC - The Campbell Collection of US Possessions - February 20, 2020
The Campbell Collection of US Possessions, featuring the Canal Zone
Golden Oak Online Auctions - Stamps, Postal History and Autographs - February 22, 2020
Internet only auction, with 600 varied lots, such as: Autographs, including a wonderful Theodore Roosevelt autograph; U.S. postal history, including some serious 1847 issue covers, also Civil War patriotics, Boston postmarks and more; U.S. stamps, including some scarcer items, also less expensive items in spectacular condition, and a few more expensive items in more affordable condition; Foreign stamps and postal history, with Canada, France, Turkey (yes Turkey!) and more; Even some philatelic literature and a postage lot... Something for just about everyone. Have fun - we did!
Sandafayre Ltd. - Internet/Mail Sale - February 25, 2020
With over 3100 lots on offer our latest sale is sure to have something for everyone! We have everything from sought after single stamps and sets to exhibition standard collections and even multi-carton sorter lots! Make sure you don't miss the following: Argentina - Extensive Accumulation; Ascension - Comprehensive Collection; Falkland Islands - Semi Specialized Collection; Hungary - Scarce And Unusual Issues; Leeward Islands - Extensive Accumulation; Nauru - Fine Range of Scarce and Rare Stamps plus hun
dreds of Commonwealth lots, Great Britain lots, European lots – All countries in the world from Aden to Zululand! There are also some great sorter lots and collections. Remember, all the lots we sell come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee!
Christoph Gärtner Philatelic - Worldwide Public Auction - February 24-28, 2020
This auction offers a wide variety of remarkable items from all over the world, including unique pieces, world rarities and post-historically important items of all kinds. Some highlights of our 46th auction. The Banknotes Worldwide section; Banknotes Collections Germany and Numismatics; Special Auction China - including Liberated Areas; Single lots Asia, Thematics, Overseas, Europe; Single lots Germany - and picture post cards; Collections Worldwide; Collections Germany - including the suplements.
Matthew Bennett International - U.S., British and WorldwideStamps, Documents and Autographs - February 29 - March 1, 2020
The sale will feature a fine and varied selection of nearly 200 historical documents and letters, The Eugene W. Friedrich Collection of Czechoslovakian Rarities 1918-1939, The Edward Lettick Gold Medal Exhibit of The Development of Air Mail in the Philippine Islands 1919-1935, as well as United States, British stamps and postal history and collections. The sale will be held at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Boston, MA. Lot viewing at the Mandarin Feb. 28, 2020.
classicphil GmbH - Just Stamps and Covers Worldwide Public Auction - March 19-20, 2020
The 5th classicphil auction - JUST STAMPS AND COVERS! We offer you a choice selection of 1578 classic stamps and covers with low starting prices. Rarities from Great Britain and the British Commonwealth. Specimen and proofs from all over the world – rare and desirable items from: Australian States; Batum; Malayan states; Mauritius; New Zealand; Palestine; Peru; Malaysia; Peru; Iran and we are especially delighted to offer a great collection of postal history from and to Triest. Good luck with your parti