Universal Philatelic Auctions - Wonderful Worldwide Postal Auction with No Buyer's Premium - April 14, 2020
The auction offers 20,139 lots to the value of £1,884,923 GBP ($2,570,350 USD) comprising worldwide Collections, Sets, Singles, Covers, Proofs, High Values, Rarities, Topicals, FEO etc ... from the broadest range of regions including high quality classic Great Britain, British Empire, British Africa, British North America, India, Europe, British Asia, Asia with China, US and much more. Highlights once again include remarkable particularly strong in GB with High Values, British Empire plus exceptional Eur
ope and overseas, with very good USA and many other countries too numerous to mention.
Paradise Valley Stamp Company - Box & Country Lot Sale #F536 - No Buyer's Premium - Free Shipping - April 10, 2020
US including a lovely section of Official Cut Squares, incl. e.g. the
scarce UO8 and a UO22 entire, US classic stamps and covers and as always a
plethora of Worldwide single and collection lots incl. Greenland Parcel
Post. Of note are:
French areas - French Colonies,
Scandinavia incl. Denmark,
US Official Cut Squares and Classic Covers,
Italian States and Italy,
San Marino, and Germany and areas
Ron Leith Auctions - Public Auction - May 2-3, 2020
Postal History Auction Highlights: includes a final installment of the Cec
Coutts award winning Machine Cancel, Slogan, and Foreign Exchange Control
Board collections, also the complete Cec Coutts collection of Chilliwack-BC
postal history used to publish the "Cancelled with Pride" book, the sale
has three exceptional collections of Canada-USA-France illustrated
Stamp Auction Highlights: includes the outstanding Ian Fairnington Pence,
Cents, and Small Queen collection, a rare MOG #16 cat $20,000, a nice range
of Victoria Jubilee ½¢-$5.00 stamps, good Canada Admiral lathework issues,
21 Canada 1996-2005 uncut press sheets, better New York Foreign Mail
cancels on high value USA Banknote stamps.
- Fantasy Philately! is concluded. Vote for your favorites!
- Rules are here.
- $1 million Collection Category
- $1,000 1st Place award sponsored by Sparks Auctions.
- $250 Cash prize from StampAuctionNetwork
- $125 Cash prize from StampAuctionNetwork
- $10,000 Collection Category
- $500 Cash prize from StampAuctionNetwork
- $500 2nd Place award sponsored by Dutch Country Auctions/The Stamp Center
- $250 3rd Place award sponsored by Paradise Valley Stamp Company, Inc.
Stamp of the Day
From Flagship Sale 737 - Daniel F. Kelleher Auctions, LLC - March 31-April 3
Lot 938 -
1869, 30¢ ultramarine & carmine, without grill (Scott 121a), disturbed o.g., a "gotta have it" stamp, with intense colors and perfect registration, the design magnificently centered on pristine paper, Extremely Fine, unpriced in SMQ; a great rare variety, with 2018 P.S.E. certificate graded XF 90.
SMQ XF 90.
Estimate $10,000 - 12,000. Suggested Bid $10,000-12,000....Suggested Bid $10,000-12,000
Currently US$ 7,500
Stamp of the Day
From United States Stamps and Postal History - Cherrystone Auctions - April 22, 2020
Lot 699 -
1893 Provisional Government, 10c red brown, overprinted in red, bottom margin part imprint single, n.h., well centered, v.f., one of only two believed n.h. copies, both originated from the Honolulu Advertiser strip of five, with Raymond Weill handstamp on reverse (in selvage) and 2019 PSE certificate, cat. $25000 (Cat No. 61B)....Cat. $25000, Est.$25,000
Currently US$ 22,000
Stamp of the Day
From Golden Oak Online Auctions #23 - Golden Oak Online Auctions - April 11, 2020
Lot 128 -
NYFM Star Within Star cancel on c. 1875 cover to Cuba, a lovely neat cover; couple small cover edge stains and slightly reduced at right, otherwise Very Fine, a scarce usage to Cuba, Ex-Beane. Scott 161. Weiss ST-MP3.
Estimate $150 - 200. Est. $150-200....Est. $150-200
Currently US$ 110
Stamp of the Day
From France & Monaco Sale #A150 - No Buyer's Premium - Free Shipping - Paradise Valley Stamp Company - April 8, 2020
Lot 1013 -
FRANCE, 1840, 40c ORANGE ON YELLOWISH TYPE II - RETOUCHED "4" - USED, #7, attractive used single with full margins, light cancel, repaired, still an excellent example of this rare stamp, with 2019 Scheller short-cert., cat. $5,250.00, Maury #8f @ €8,500.00, Yvert #5A @ €7,500.00....$1,250
Currently US$ 1,250
Stamp of the Day
From Resilient Ventures - Droege - StampAuctionNetwork - April 3, 2020
Lot 170 -
INDO-CHINA, 1891, 10c BLACK ON LAVENDER PARCEL POST - OVERPRINT BY HAND IN SHINY INK - USED, #Q1 var., 1896 town d.s, fine, signed Scheller, scarce, cat. $750.00, Maury #CP2 @ €900.00, donated by Paradise Valley Stamp Company.....Suggested Bid Est. $325
Sold for US$ 230
Stamp Auction Network News and Facts
- November 14th, the new record for a single C3a 24¢ Invert Position 49, sold
to a SAN Live bidder for $1,350,000 + the buyers commission -- this is 2nd place on the all-time highest prices paid using Live Bidding. The bidder was asked if he wanted to be on the phone, and he said, "No I'm fine with StampAuctionNetwork Live".See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- June 20, 2018 -- StampAuctionNetwork Agent Bidding was thoroughly test and performed exceptionally. We had 7 bidders participate in the test, They bid on 40 lots in the Siegel International Sale, they won 8 lots, won all the ties, bought lots totalling $14,500, and saved $1,650 at a cost of $145.
SAN Agent fees are waived in June, 2018 to anyone who uses the service. You must join StampAuctionNetwork Basic or Extended features at some level (trial, BASIC, Extended, or PowerUser), but that can be as little as $9.95/year. Fees are 1% of the hammer price.
- June 13, 2018 -- StampAuctionNetwork goes over $1 Billion! (adjusted for currency).
With the addition of a number of recent David Feldman SA sales, and the restoration of Shreves Sales 7-39, 151-157, and 161-162 (31,000 lots with PR's of 45 million), StampAuctionNetwork officially crosses
the $1 Billion mark in prices realized. No other auction site has this significant a database of prices realized.
- June 11, 2018. Instructional Videos and Webinars are released at StampAuctionNetwork starting with "StampAuctionNetwork Agent Bidding Explained"
- February 23, 2018. Announcing StampAuctionNetwork Extended Features!
- December 20, 2017. Record Breaking Results. SAN Bidders broke the record for percent of Sales sold for a major sale. Over 83% of Robert A Siegel's sale 1173 sold to SAN bidders, with another 11% of Lots where the SAN bidder was the underbidder. Only 6% of lots sold without SAN competition.
- June 9th, 2016. Live Bidding results at WSS-NY 2016. Even though the entire world was at WSS, SAN Live
bidders who were not at the show brought home great stamps. Live Bidders won $1,059,000 of lots offered by the four
auction houses at WSS, and were the underbidders on another $700,000 worth of material, bringing the total impact of
SAN live bidders to $1,734,000. Thank you live bidders!
- May 29, 2016. Live Bidding at World Stamp Show-NY 2016. We are pleased to announce
that all of the auctioneers at WSS-NY 2016 will also make their
auctions available to StampAuctionNetwork bidders using our live bidding
platform on any device. You can bid from anywhere in the world,
or even the auction room floor using StampAuctionNetwork's live bidding.
- April 18th, 2016. Tour de Cure Charity Auction to Benefit the American Diabetes Association. Our 4th annual auction for diabetes
was a record breaker! Over $45,000 was raised that will go directly to research efforts to cure diabetes. My ride will
be May 14th and 15th. Thanks again to all our auction sponsors who made generous donations of stamps and covers for the
auction, and to our collector friends who also made contributions. A special thanks to Daniel Kelleher LLC who at the last
minute provided some excellent Asia material which was hotly contested. When the dust had settled, Kelleher was
responsible for over $30,000 of the $45,500 total. Paradise Vally and Earl P.L. Apfelbaum also made large contributions.
- December 31, 2014. Announcing StampAuctionNetwork for Mobile Devices! Just click on the link or go to
mStampAuctions.com or StampAuctionMobile.com to use StampAuctionNetwork on any of your mobile devices. The new interface has
been in development for a year now, and has been tested by our own StampAuctionNetwork mobile evaluation team, so it is ready for
general use. Please send any additional feedback my way!
- July 10, 2014. The 1st Fantasy Philately! contest is concluded. See the Results!
- June 26, 2014, a 30c Ultramarine & Carmine, Flags Inverted (121b) sold in the Siegel Rarities of the World to a SAN Live Bidder for $290,000. See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- May 13, 2014, a few new records for SAN Live Bidders. The C3a 24¢ Invert Position 89, sold
to a SAN Live bidder for $230,000. Interestingly, it last sold to a different SAN Live bidder two years
earlier for $150,000.See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- April 1, 2014. The 2nd Annual TourdeCure Charity Auction for the American Diabetes Association
realized over $11,000. The autographed copy of Bill Gross's book sold for $775.
- November 5, 2013. Announcing "Fantasy Philately" at StampAuctionNetwork.com
- June 25, 2013, SAN Live Bidders shattered several 6 year records which I did not think would be broken.
First the new record for a single lot sold to a live bidder is $1,950,000 breaking the old record of
$650,000. The new monthly record is already over $5 million which breaks the previous
monthly record of $4.3 million. See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- June 8, 2013 - Let us do your Searches for you! Manage your Saved Searches and opt in for email notification. Just Login, and pick Search to turn your
saved searched into email notifications. You will get matches on your searches via email when the auctions are first posted.
- May 23rd, 2013 - Language Translation Introduced. Press the "Translate On" button to translate from English to any of
several dozen languages, or to translate to English. Please send your comments to tldroege@StampAuctionNetwork.com.
- March 29, 2013 - A record month at StampAuctionNetwork. 3,931 lots sold to 476 different
live bidders for $3,870,432 for the month of March, 2013!
- March 29, 2013 ** New Records** See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- January 30, 2013. New Search Features let you pull lots added since a date and then save that data to an excel file.
- StampAuctionNetwork is on Facebook! Like us!
- May 4th, 2012. We added some pagination to the search feature to make it easier to use. No limits on results now.
- Dec 14th, 2011. Non US Live bidders take most of Kelleher Delta Collection. 51% of the sale went to Live Bidders,
but the US made up only 10% of that. Most went to Saudia Arabian, Egyptian, and UAE bidders.
- October 31, 2011 - A record month at StampAuctionNetwork. 2,985 lots sold to 620 different
live bidders for $3,851,952 for the month of October, 2011!
- June, 2007. $650,000 record for a lot sold on the Internet,
$3.1 Million, record for a day,
$4.3 Million to Live Bidders for the month.
- October 16, 2011 - Another busy live bidding week.
1534 lots were sold to live bidders totaling $1.3 million
and 348 different winning bidders participated in
auctions by Siegel, Apfelbaum, and Kelleher.
- August 19-20, 2011 - a record 171 different live bidders were sucessful in
the Spink Shreve's Collector's series sale.
- June 4-5, 2010 - 137 different Live Bidders took home a record 837 lots totaling $660,000
at the Harmers Sale.
- March 12, 2010 - A record 154 Live Bidders took home 515 lots totaling $672,635
at Spink Shreve's Collector's series sale.
- Robert A. Siegel sells over 40% of Sale 983 to Live Bidders - February 23, 2010
- 3,421 unique visits per day as of February, 2010
- September 13, 2008 -
A record 130 Live Bidders took home 796 lots totaling $817,000
at Spink Shreve's Collector's series sale.
- with over 16,000 Registered Bidders!
- October 21-24, 2010 - a record 174 different Live Bidders took home a record 1014 lots totaling $576,215 at the
Daniel Kelleher Sale.
- $2.7 Million to Live Bidders in April, 2009
- $2.5 Million to Live Bidders in May, 2008,
Sandafayre Ltd. - Internet/Mail Sale - April 7, 2020
Over 3000 lots and collections from OUR "General Bazar" section with Monumental Worldwide Accumulation (lot 5001) and original "old timers", "Super Sorter cartons" to Freaks / Oddities and Varieties (lot 5023) together with our classified country listings including in this sale a superb range of New South Wales including the "Tremendous" collection estimated £5500 - £7000 (Lot 5183), beautiful Falkland Islands with QV varieties, Geo V high values including a rare Centenary £1 used in South Georgia, scarc
e 2½d on 2d Provisional, and several strong balance collections, Greece with a fine selection of early issues including a fine mint "Hermes" collection, Nyasaland with a superb range of high values including the elusive 1895 £25 black and blue green and another "Tremendous" collection estimated £4750 - £5000 (Lot 7336)
Paradise Valley Stamp Company - France & Monaco Auction #A150 - No Buyer's Premium Free Shipping - April 8, 2020
France & Monaco Auction - No Buyer's Premium -Wednesday, April 8, 2020
We have included a number of attractive classics, most signed or with
certs, a nice run of the 1870 Bordeaux used with many very fine and
extremely fine examples in a variety of shades, 1943-44 De Gaulle Liberty
Iissues, a beautiful essay/proof collection mounted for exhibition offered
intact, an attractive run of air post, pre-cancel and official issues de
luxe proofs, scarce and rare postage dues as well as several attractive
singles from the Sage issue. Monaco is highlighted by a beautiful mint
single of the 1919 5fr+5fr Dull Red signed by Roumet.
Golden Oak Online Auctions - Stamps, Postal History, Autographs - April 11, 2020
Internet only auction with over 900 lots of U.S. and worldwide stamps and postal history, featuring: Autographs; U.S. stampless covers; U.S. postmarks by state; U.S. foreign mail covers; U.S. fancy cancels, on cover and off; U.S. advertising covers; U.S. classic issues, on and off cover, including many high grade; British and foreign, with notable G.B., Canada, France and Germany; Philatelic literature.
Cherrystone Auctions - United Stamps - Stamps and Postal History - April 22, 2020
We are pleased to present our April 22, 2020 sale of United States Stamps
and Postal History, featuring the collection of Richard Carl. With 740
lots, we have nice sections of Stampless Covers, Free Franks and
Autographed letters, Postmasters' Provisionals, an excellent range of
imperf. Classics and other 19th Century used and unused, including Fancy
Cancels, Civil War Patriotics, Territorial covers, 20th Century with
Regular Issues and Commemoratives to $5, Large Die Proofs, Modern Errors