StampAuctionNetwork Extended Features at a Glance... includes the following:
- Search Auction History. Over 1 million lots with prices representing over $1.7 Billion of sales worldwide back to 2001. Images, Charting, Topical Search, Worldwide Search, and more...
- The StampAuctionNetwork Top 1000. These metrics are a measure of the stamps that are most likely to be offered as a single stamp or cover, and more...
- StampAuctionNetwork Agent Bidding. Prepare bids ahead of time that are executed at the opening of the lot in a live bid auction without revealing the maximum amount. Free if you win less than $1000 in winning bids.
- Get Market Data. Pull Relevant data from the StampAuctionNetwork Database while browsing a catalog or making bids.
- Integration with 5 Powerful Search Tools, Philatelic Foundation's PF Search (Census/Population), Siegel Auction Galleries POWER SEARCH™, and Professional Stamp Experts ("PSE") Population report.
- "My Purchase History" Access your individual purchase history for major sales from 2001-2017. Plus starting in 2018 we will keep all purchase history where the auction firm records you as the winner.
- "My Archived Bids"...Access your individual bidding history for major sales back to 2014. From 2018 all your bidding history is kept for you to review.
- Lastest Feature!!! Want lists and want list notifications.
- Connections Connect with other collectors to share your expertise, jump start a new collecting interest, or mentor a new collector.
Pay for StampAuctionNetwork Extended Features with Paypal here today!
Reciprocal Links. We used to have a links section at StampAuctionNetwork. Then we choose to only focus on auctions. In 2019, we
are bringing back a Stamp Collecting Links resource. We will publish your link if you publish ours. If you want to participate, place our
link as follows at your web site and send us the URL where it is located. When we see the link we will post your link.
Here is the HTML for our link:
<a href="https://StampAuctionNetwork.com">StampAuctionNetwork</a> is the best web site to learn about and participate
in Stamp Auctions in the US and around the World. Research market values by accessing $1.2 Billion in prices realized
from 240 auction firms and much more.
This is what it looks like:
StampAuctionNetwork is the best web site to learn about and participate in
Stamp Auctions in the US and around the World.
Research market values by accessing $1.2 Billion in prices realized from 240 auction firms and much more.
To provide your link, send us the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
<a href="Put the URL of your web site here">
put the description of your web site here
Save without Spending a lot with StampAuctionNetwork Extended Features.
I had one of those phone calls today. You know the one where a bidder calls up to ask if his bids were executed
correctly. Usually I just say, "bid what you think the lot is worth, and what you are willing to pay", as there is no
better advice. But this morning I was working on a new feature in Extended features that consolidates selling history by
NH, Mint, no gum, used and covers and provides metrics for bidding demand, so I thought I would use the new tool to see
if it could have made a difference.
It was the age old question of why all his bids sold at his top bid even when just prior to the close they were selling
for much less than that. I pulled up the Extended Features Search by Catalog number and we worked through each lot
explaining to him what he could have seen for himself.
Using the new Supply/Demand Metrics
The first lot he bid on was a copy of RO100a. Extended features is especially helpful for items that are inexpensive but have low demand.
There were three listings in 2018, all the same lot, with suggested bids of $38, $30 and $24. There was an average of Zero bids per lot.
There was 1 match at the PF and none at the Siegel PowerSearch database.
With this information, he could have confidently bid the opening of $12. Instead he bid $15, it was selling to him at the close for $12 and it
was sold to him for $15.
His next bid was on RS24P1. This was an almost identical situation.
It had been offered 3 times in 2018. Each was the identical stamp, with suggested bids of $50, $40, and $32. The
third offering was the lot he bid on. Using the new "Supply/Demand Metrics", I could see that the item had an average of less than 1
bid each time it was offered. There were no matches at either the PF or Siegel PowerSearch databases. Again, he could have bid the opening
and won the lot for $16. Instead his bid of $24 was sold to him for $24.
His last bid was for a copy of RS245a. This was a bit more interesting. There were 3 listings, but the first one was from a different
seller, and sold in 2018 for $28. The 2nd copy went unsold. The 3rd copy, which was the same as the 2nd copy, which had been offered just 6 weeks
earlier was the one he bid on. The suggested bid had been reduced to $40 from $50. "Supply/Demand Metrics" showed a bidding history of less than one bid per lot.
Given that the lot went unsold just 6 weeks earlier, it would have been reasonable to just bid the opening of $20. My bidder bid $45 and it
was sold to him for $40.
StampAuctionNetwork Agent Bidding is Free if you win less than $1000 in a single sale!
Well it is not a widely known fact. But after a sale, I send out the results, which is in the form of an invoice. But I only send a PayPal invoice
if your total is $10 or more. So if you send me your $6, I will of course accept it, but I am not going to go to the trouble of setting up
an invoice and tracking whether you paid it or not if your total is less than $10 -- I have too much to do.
So that is just one more reason to sign up for Extended Features at $79.95 / year or less than $7 / month. It is a terrific bargain.
Not to mention, that Agent Bidding is available with BASIC support, which is an option where you pay whatever you feel is fair. With BASIC,
you get limited access (25 records returned) to all of the Extended searching features -- which by the way is all you need if you are smart enough
to restrict your searches and sort them in a way that makes sense.
FYI, the cheapest Software as a Service (Saas) models start out at $19.95/month. Extended features is a exceptional bargain at one third of that.
Of course, $7 is still not cheap unless the value outweighs the cost significantly. And of course it does!
June 20, 2018 - StampAuctionNetwork Agent Bidding Update.
StampAuctionNetwork Agent Bidding was thoroughly test and performed exceptionally. We had 7 bidders participate in the test, They bid on 40 lots in the Siegel International Sale, they won 8 lots, won all the ties, bought lots totalling $14,500, and saved $1,650 at a cost of $145.
SAN Agent fees are waived in June, 2018 to anyone who uses the service. You must join StampAuctionNetwork Basic or Extended features at some level (trial, BASIC, Extended, or PowerUser), but that can be as little as $9.95/year. Fees are 1% of the hammer price.
June 13, 2018 -- StampAuctionNetwork goes over $1.1 Billion! (adjusted for currency)
We are please to announce that StampAuctionNetwork just crossed over $1.1 Billion in prices realized! (adjusted for currency).
Yesterday we reposted 12 sales by Christoph Gartner, Corinphila Auctions and Behr, last week we added a number of recent David Feldman SA sales, and Shreves Sales 7-39, 151-157, and 161-162 (31,000 lots with PR's of 45 million).
No other stamp auction site has this significant a database of prices realized.
Get more info here.
Prices Realized at StampAuctionNetwork by Auction Firm
Firms may be listed more than once if they conduct sales in different currencies
||Number of Lots
| Robert A. Siegel Auction Galleries, Inc.
| Spink USA
| Cherrystone Auctions
| Auktionshaus Christoph Gärtner
| Matthew Bennett International
| Daniel F. Kelleher Auctions, LLC
| InterAsia Auctions Limited
| Corinphila Auctions AG
| HR Harmer
| David Feldman SA
| Kelleher & Rogers, Ltd.
| Auktionshaus Ulrich Felzmann GmbH & Co. KG
| Schuyler J. Rumsey Philatelic Auctions
| Dr. Reinhard Fischer Auktions
| Gert Müller GmbH
| Ceres Philatelie
| BEHR Philatelie
| Universal Philatelic Auctions
| Dutch Country Auctions/The Stamp Center
| Heinrich Koehler Auctions
| Sam Houston Philatelics, Inc.
| Schlegel Auctions
| Harmer-Schau Auction Galleries, Inc.
| Brigham Auctions Ltd.
| Auction Galleries Hamburg vormals Schwanke GmbH
| La Postale Philatelie
| Eastern Auctions
| Württembergisches Auktionshaus Joachim Erhardt Gmb
|Totals for All Firms (only top 30 listed above)
June 8, 2018 -- StampAuctionNetwork Agent Bidding!
During our recent survey many StampAuctionNetwork users suggested StampAuctionNetwork act as an agent during live bidding, so as to not reveal their maximum bid.
We have developed this feature and it is ready to use. If you leave book bids in an auction with Live Bidding at StampAuctionNetwork, you will find this very useful.
To evaluate this feature, we will waive the 1% agent fee for any lots you win with StampAuctionNetwork Agent bidding in June.
SAN Agent bidding is an Extended Features option, so you will need to support SAN at some capacity, a trial, a voluntary amount, or the full extended features subscription. You will
be able to evaluate it in June with just the "trial" option.
StampAuctionNetwork Agent Bidding
- The auction firms will not see SAN Agent bids until the lot is opened.
- They will look identical to other live bids, except that your maximum bid amount will not be revealed.
- If your maximum bid is reached and beaten, and you are watching the live bidding, you can take over your bid. You will never have to worry about bidding against yourself.
- During Live Bidding, you will also be able to place a Live SAN Agent Bid. This will be identical to a Live Bid, except the Auctioneer will not see your max bid.
Currently the SAN console operator and the Auctioneer (if watching their monitor) can see everyone's max bids in order to expedite the live bidding.
- This will be optimal for both current live bidders and current absentee bidders.
For absentee bidders this will give you the opportunity to keep the auctioneer from seeing your bid on the book.
For live bidders it will keep the auctioneer from seeing your maximum live bid.
- StampAuctionNetwork will automatically drop your linking OR bids if a bid marked as OR is executed for you.
- Once your Agent Bids are executed, they will become part of your regular MyBids and will be archived into MyArchivedBids when we take the sale down.
- We will charge you 1% of the realized amount, with no caps or minimums if your SAN Agent bid is successul. Agent fees will be waived in June.
- We will send you an invoice after the close of the sale. Payment is due on acceptance of the lot from the auction house.
May 14, 2018 -- StampAuctionNetwork closing in on $1 Billion in Prices Realized!
Announcing 15 days of Duck Stamps!
Last week we loaded 101 Sam Houston Sales with over 53,000 lots with total prices realized just shy of 9 million dollars.
That brings our total prices realized at StampAuctionNetwork to
almost 1 Billion, with $997 million from 816,076 lots. To recognize this,
we are featuring 2 Duck stamps each day, one with a high population and one with a top selling price.
Find out what today's item is by visiting StampAuctionNetwork.com
StampAuctionNetwork links 5 Awesome Search Tools!
Our latest feature at StampAuctionNetwork now gives you immediate access to 5 great search tools. After you do a Country and Catalog Search
at StampAuctionNetwork, you can immediately link to the corresponding pages at The Philatelic Foundation's PF Search (2 tools - Certs and Population),
Siegel Auction Galleries POWER SEARCH™, and the Professional Stamp Experts ("PSE") population reports. There really more than 5 resources, but we are counting our
own search as 1, and only the searches that are a click away. Once you are at Siegel Auction Galleries or Professional Stamp Experts, they have a number of other
The location of the links are show in the image to the right, highlighted in yellow.
- The Philatelic Foundation's PF Search (Census/Population).
The Philatelic Foundationâ€™s PF Search Program allows you to easily find information about the stamps and covers the PF has examined and their final opinions about each item. At present over 540,000 images of stamps and covers examined by the PF between June 1984 and to date are in our searchable Certificate Archive. You can find both an image of the stamp or cover and the PFâ€™s final opinion for each stamp or cover. The PFSearch program allows you easy access to a variety of information, including grades of stamps we have expertized.
- Siegel Auction Galleries POWER SEARCH™.
Stamp collecting's most advanced searchable database. Search all of their auctions from 1993 to date, plus their Rarities sales since their inception in 1964, as well as some important older name sales. POWER SEARCH™ allows you to search their data by Sale, Lot, Dates, Area, Sub Area, General, Issue, Country, Grade, Symbol, and price realized. In addition, you will find links to Census information, PDF's of auction catalogs, Vignettes, The Siegel Encyclopedia and much, much more.
Professional Stamp Experts ("PSE").
The Industry Leader in Postage Stamp Grading and Services. In addition to the link to their Population Report, you will find info on getting your stamps graded, SMQ Values, and a Set Registry.
Cherrystone Philatelic Auctioneers brings StampAuctionNetwork just shy of $1 Billion in Prices Realized!
- Announcing a Baker's Dozen Highlights from Cherrystone Philatelic Auctioneers.
Last Sunday we loaded 122 Cherrystone Sales containing 162,000 lots with total prices realized of 203 million dollars. That brings our total prices realized at StampAuctionNetwork to
almost 1 Billion, with $979 million from 744,000 lots. To recognize this,
we are featuring a stamp or cover that for the most part has only been seen in a Cherrystone auction in the last 20 years.
Find out what today's item is by visiting StampAuctionNetwork.com
Call for Stamp Champions to manage and standardize the StampAuctionNetwork database!
- Stamp Auction Network is looking for qualified individuals who will help manage and standardize the data submitted to StampAuctionNetwork so that it will be the most useful possible. For the most part we are looking for individuals who can be responsible for a collecting area (US and North America, German, British Commonwealth, France and Colonies, Africa, Asia, South America, Offices, Occupations, etc...). In return for managing your area (minimum of 200 corrections per month), we will give you full access to the PowerUser features. You also become part of the development team that makes recommendations for future Extended Features.
To apply you must have at least signed up for the trial of Extended Features and then fill out this google form. (It is a legitimate Google form)
Extended Features Update -- 90 days for $30 offer!
StampAuctionNetwork's 30 days of Free Extended Services is coming to a close!
Over the next 4 days, you can find out which stamps have the highest population and realizations from our database of almost $1 billion in auction realizations.
But here are a couple items we want you to know.
- 90 days for $30 offer. Knowledge is power, and that knowledge translates into dollar savings for you. The more you know about what you are collecting, its availability, its history,
the better you are positioned to save money. One early Extended Features user was able to pick up a stamp in better condition for $800 while he watched two other bidders fight it out for over $2000
for a poor copy. If you are serious, you probably have auctions catalogs in your reference library. As we can, we are going to eliminate your need to manually go through them.
The value of this seems obvious, but it seems to be a hard sell, so we are going to make it hard to resist, sign up for 90 days for $30.
- Money Back Guarantee. For the month of April, we are offering a 100% money back, no questions asked policy to anyone that signs up for Extended Features.
To get this option, just email me telling me what you collect and what you hope to get out of Extended Features, and I will do what I can to make that happen.
If you are not satisfied, I will refund your money.
- We are taking requests.... Once the 30 days of Free Extended Features runs out, we are taking requests. Just email me the catalog number of an item you want
total access to with the trial version and I will add it to the list.
- What can we do for you with Extended Features? Drop us a note. What do you want to see?
- Last week we posted 148 sales, 52,000 lots from Modern Stamps with total prices realized of $3 million. We selected just items with catalog numbers that should be included
in the database. We will have another major announcement this week.
30 days of Free Extended Services as we count down the Top 30 Stamps at StampAuctionNetwork.com!
Each day we will feature two stamps, one with a high population at StampAuctionNetwork, and one that sold the most in total sales volume.
Sign up for the 30 day trial and get full access to the data on those two stamps that day (Normally the trial restricts you to 5 records.)
StampAuctionNetwork is an amazing database dating back 17 years that has captured some of the most prestigious sales held over the last two decades.
Here are a just a few interesting facts about the data that make it such a powerful resource for Philatelists.
Extended Features! (signup here)
StampAuctionNetwork is excited to announce this new level of service available to
all collectors, auction firms and dealers that will provide each with the ability to understand the trends in stamp values like never before!
You may be asking in this day of FREE everything, why should I pay for this? First, knowledge is power, is money saved. Access to this information will
pay for itself. The problem here is not technology. We have written a number of important databases, Siegel's PowerSearch, the PF Search and Expertizing database,
we even scanned all of the Siegel Auction Catalogs and brought them online for Robert A. Siegel. The challenge is getting standardized information from a myriad
of data sources. You are paying for us to collect and provide a means to make sense of all the different ways auction firms categorize countries, catalogue numbers,
conditions and symbols. The following is just the major sections of data you can search through at StampAuctionNetwork now. We are in discussions with at least a half
dozen major contributors to the database. We plan to bring as much on line as possible, and create a database that will give you the best results. If you are
a serious collector, you will spend more than our subscription just finding and buying old catalogs to search through manually.
- 500,000 lots with prices representing $750 Million of sales
- 220,000 USA lots with $385 Million of Sales
- 102,000 Postal History Lots representing $120 Million
- Although most of sales that we have been saving were major US Auction sales, there are still 150 million of prices realized for Great Britain, Germany, France and the rest of the world.
We have come to the point where StampAuctionNetwork now represents almost 100% of the worldwide stamp auction marketplace. This will matter to the future generations of collecting as they will expect this kind of data to be at their fingertips.
What this means....
- StampAuctionNetwork is committing to save all auctions we post. If the auction firm posts prices realized, we will keep the data on line. This will encourage all of the auction firms to provide prices realized.
- We are going to keep saving all your bids for you. The basic version will give you access to your bids back to 2014 and moving forward. You will be able to use that information in ways you haven't even thought of yet.
- We are committing to standardizing the data so it can be searched easily. This means creating intelligence in our software to translate the myriad ways we get the info from the auction firms. It is going to encourage Auction firms to provide catalog numbers, condition and symbols on every lot where it makes a difference, so the trending information is even more helpful.
What this means for you personally....
We really don't know the potential impact for stamp collecting, but this can be a real game changer. It will have a dramatic impact. This is a strong move for Stamp Collecting. With this initiative, and our unique position of the first and oldest internet auction site, we have the historical resources to offer immediate benefits to the philatelic community and the ability to grow that throughout the years ahead.
- You will be able to track and use StampAuctionNetwork to maintain much of your stamp inventory. You will be able to find out what you paid for an item 15 years ago.
- You have better information to assess the market and get bidding information. It was always a bad idea to "let the underbidder determine the market price",
now you will have real information.
- You will be able to pull up historically, your bidding patterns for a particular stamp.
We hope you sign up to use Extended Features today. Sincerely, Tom Droege