May 14, 2018 -- StampAuctionNetwork closing in on $1 Billion in Prices Realized!
Announcing 15 days of Duck Stamps!
Last week we loaded 101 Sam Houston Sales with over 53,000 lots with total prices realized just shy of 9 million dollars.
That brings our total prices realized at StampAuctionNetwork to
almost 1 Billion, with $997 million from 816,076 lots. To recognize this,
we are featuring 2 Duck stamps each day, one with a high population and one with a top selling price.
Find out what today's item is by visiting StampAuctionNetwork.com
StampAuctionNetwork links 5 Awesome Search Tools!
Our latest feature at StampAuctionNetwork now gives you immediate access to 5 great search tools. After you do a Country and Catalog Search
at StampAuctionNetwork, you can immediately link to the corresponding pages at The Philatelic Foundation's PF Search (2 tools - Certs and Population),
Siegel Auction Galleries POWER SEARCH™, and the Professional Stamp Experts ("PSE") population reports. There really more than 5 resources, but we are counting our
own search as 1, and only the searches that are a click away. Once you are at Siegel Auction Galleries or Professional Stamp Experts, they have a number of other
The location of the links are show in the image to the right, highlighted in yellow.
- The Philatelic Foundation's PF Search (Census/Population).
The Philatelic Foundationâ€™s PF Search Program allows you to easily find information about the stamps and covers the PF has examined and their final opinions about each item. At present over 540,000 images of stamps and covers examined by the PF between June 1984 and to date are in our searchable Certificate Archive. You can find both an image of the stamp or cover and the PFâ€™s final opinion for each stamp or cover. The PFSearch program allows you easy access to a variety of information, including grades of stamps we have expertized.
- Siegel Auction Galleries POWER SEARCH™.
Stamp collecting's most advanced searchable database. Search all of their auctions from 1993 to date, plus their Rarities sales since their inception in 1964, as well as some important older name sales. POWER SEARCH™ allows you to search their data by Sale, Lot, Dates, Area, Sub Area, General, Issue, Country, Grade, Symbol, and price realized. In addition, you will find links to Census information, PDF's of auction catalogs, Vignettes, The Siegel Encyclopedia and much, much more.
Professional Stamp Experts ("PSE").
The Industry Leader in Postage Stamp Grading and Services. In addition to the link to their Population Report, you will find info on getting your stamps graded, SMQ Values, and a Set Registry.
Cherrystone Philatelic Auctioneers brings StampAuctionNetwork just shy of $1 Billion in Prices Realized!
- Announcing a Baker's Dozen Highlights from Cherrystone Philatelic Auctioneers.
Last Sunday we loaded 122 Cherrystone Sales containing 162,000 lots with total prices realized of 203 million dollars. That brings our total prices realized at StampAuctionNetwork to
almost 1 Billion, with $979 million from 744,000 lots. To recognize this,
we are featuring a stamp or cover that for the most part has only been seen in a Cherrystone auction in the last 20 years.
Find out what today's item is by visiting StampAuctionNetwork.com
Call for Stamp Champions to manage and standardize the StampAuctionNetwork database!
- Stamp Auction Network is looking for qualified individuals who will help manage and standardize the data submitted to StampAuctionNetwork so that it will be the most useful possible. For the most part we are looking for individuals who can be responsible for a collecting area (US and North America, German, British Commonwealth, France and Colonies, Africa, Asia, South America, Offices, Occupations, etc...). In return for managing your area (minimum of 200 corrections per month), we will give you full access to the PowerUser features. You also become part of the development team that makes recommendations for future Extended Features.
To apply you must have at least signed up for the trial of Extended Features and then fill out this google form. (It is a legitimate Google form)
Extended Features Update -- 90 days for $30 offer!
StampAuctionNetwork's 30 days of Free Extended Services is coming to a close!
Over the next 4 days, you can find out which stamps have the highest population and realizations from our database of almost $1 billion in auction realizations.
But here are a couple items we want you to know.
- 90 days for $30 offer. Knowledge is power, and that knowledge translates into dollar savings for you. The more you know about what you are collecting, its availability, its history,
the better you are positioned to save money. One early Extended Features user was able to pick up a stamp in better condition for $800 while he watched two other bidders fight it out for over $2000
for a poor copy. If you are serious, you probably have auctions catalogs in your reference library. As we can, we are going to eliminate your need to manually go through them.
The value of this seems obvious, but it seems to be a hard sell, so we are going to make it hard to resist, sign up for 90 days for $30.
- Money Back Guarantee. For the month of April, we are offering a 100% money back, no questions asked policy to anyone that signs up for Extended Features.
To get this option, just email me telling me what you collect and what you hope to get out of Extended Features, and I will do what I can to make that happen.
If you are not satisfied, I will refund your money.
- We are taking requests.... Once the 30 days of Free Extended Features runs out, we are taking requests. Just email me the catalog number of an item you want
total access to with the trial version and I will add it to the list.
- What can we do for you with Extended Features? Drop us a note. What do you want to see?
- Last week we posted 148 sales, 52,000 lots from Modern Stamps with total prices realized of $3 million. We selected just items with catalog numbers that should be included
in the database. We will have another major announcement this week.
30 days of Free Extended Services as we count down the Top 30 Stamps at StampAuctionNetwork.com!
Each day we will feature two stamps, one with a high population at StampAuctionNetwork, and one that sold the most in total sales volume.
Sign up for the 30 day trial and get full access to the data on those two stamps that day (Normally the trial restricts you to 5 records.)
StampAuctionNetwork is an amazing database dating back 17 years that has captured some of the most prestigious sales held over the last two decades.
Here are a just a few interesting facts about the data that make it such a powerful resource for Philatelists.
Extended Features! (signup here)
StampAuctionNetwork is excited to announce this new level of service available to
all collectors, auction firms and dealers that will provide each with the ability to understand the trends in stamp values like never before!
You may be asking in this day of FREE everything, why should I pay for this? First, knowledge is power, is money saved. Access to this information will
pay for itself. The problem here is not technology. We have written a number of important databases, Siegel's PowerSearch, the PF Search and Expertizing database,
we even scanned all of the Siegel Auction Catalogs and brought them online for Robert A. Siegel. The challenge is getting standardized information from a myriad
of data sources. You are paying for us to collect and provide a means to make sense of all the different ways auction firms categorize countries, catalogue numbers,
conditions and symbols. The following is just the major sections of data you can search through at StampAuctionNetwork now. We are in discussions with at least a half
dozen major contributors to the database. We plan to bring as much on line as possible, and create a database that will give you the best results. If you are
a serious collector, you will spend more than our subscription just finding and buying old catalogs to search through manually.
- 500,000 lots with prices representing $750 Million of sales
- 220,000 USA lots with $385 Million of Sales
- 102,000 Postal History Lots representing $120 Million
- Although most of sales that we have been saving were major US Auction sales, there are still 150 million of prices realized for Great Britain, Germany, France and the rest of the world.
Prices Realized at StampAuctionNetwork by Auction Firm
| AuctionFirm || sales || Number of Lots || Total |
| Robert A. Siegel Auction Galleries, Inc. || 279 || 147,863 || 338,581,395 |
| Cherrystone Auctions || 122 || 163,395 || 204,301,484 |
| Spink USA || 119 || 84,564 || 179,312,100 |
| InterAsia Auctions Limited || 1 || 2,938 || 68,275,296 |
| Daniel F. Kelleher Auctions, LLC || 88 || 93,365 || 66,751,525 |
| HR Harmer || 14 || 36,124 || 31,574,220 |
| Auktionshaus Christoph Gärtner || 4 || 22,703 || 15,602,589 |
| Schuyler J. Rumsey Philatelic Auctions || 11 || 12,530 || 12,496,630 |
| Brigham Auctions Ltd. || 11 || 7,571 || 10,827,012 |
| Sothebys || 1 || 1 || 9,500,000 |
| Sam Houston Philatelics, Inc. || 101 || 53,861 || 8,918,799 |
| David Feldman SA || 4 || 4,526 || 7,468,983 |
| Sparks Auctions || 8 || 10,663 || 3,829,220 |
| Modern Stamps, Inc. || 149 || 52,895 || 3,102,382 |
| Ceres Philatelie || 3 || 7,095 || 2,241,977 |
| Matthew Bennett International || 2 || 1,036 || 2,128,385 |
| Auktionshaus Ulrich Felzmann GmbH & Co. KG || 2 || 4,442 || 2,120,398 |
| Gert Müller GmbH & Co. KG || 2 || 2,265 || 1,751,150 |
| Universal Philatelic Auctions || 3 || 23,090 || 1,632,352 |
| Harmer-Schau Auction Galleries, Inc. || 2 || 1,704 || 1,584,180 |
We have come to the point where StampAuctionNetwork now represents almost 100% of the worldwide stamp auction marketplace. This will matter to the future generations of collecting as they will expect this kind of data to be at their fingertips.
What this means....
- StampAuctionNetwork is committing to save all auctions we post. If the auction firm posts prices realized, we will keep the data on line. This will encourage all of the auction firms to provide prices realized.
- We are going to keep saving all your bids for you. The basic version will give you access to your bids back to 2014 and moving forward. You will be able to use that information in ways you haven't even thought of yet.
- We are committing to standardizing the data so it can be searched easily. This means creating intelligence in our software to translate the myriad ways we get the info from the auction firms. It is going to encourage Auction firms to provide catalog numbers, condition and symbols on every lot where it makes a difference, so the trending information is even more helpful.
What this means for you personally....
We really don't know the potential impact for stamp collecting, but this can be a real game changer. It will have a dramatic impact. This is a strong move for Stamp Collecting. With this initiative, and our unique position of the first and oldest internet auction site, we have the historical resources to offer immediate benefits to the philatelic community and the ability to grow that throughout the years ahead.
- You will be able to track and use StampAuctionNetwork to maintain much of your stamp inventory. You will be able to find out what you paid for an item 15 years ago.
- You have better information to assess the market and get bidding information. It was always a bad idea to "let the underbidder determine the market price",
now you will have real information.
- You will be able to pull up historically, your bidding patterns for a particular stamp.
- StampAuctionNetwork Users. You will have access to fully functional features including count totals of the number of qualifying records, but with the number of
results displayed restricted until you subscribe. All you have to do to sign up for the free trial is just pick one of the
StampAuctionNetwork extended features found in the My SAN dropdown or click here.
- StampAuctionNetwork Users - Pay by Check. If you want to pay by check follow this link.
- Not a StampAuctionNetwork member? You must be registered at StampAuctionNetwork first. Click here if you want to create a free StampAuctionNetwork Account.
OR you can signup right now below! You must be a registered StampAuctionNetwork user so we can tie your payment via your email to your registration.
Along with the normal free services that we have provided since 1994, these significant new features have been organized into two tiers:
Basic Version $100 / year -- we will give you 7 days limited access while you remit payment. It includes the following and more to come!
- Auction History by Catalogue#. 500,000 lots with prices representing $750 Million of sales back to 2001. Firm, Sale, Lot, Symbol, Condition, Grade, Full Description, Most Images (unless taken down by the website) with Price History Charting.
- "My Purchase History" Access your individual purchase history for major sales from 2001-2017. Plus starting in 2018 we will keep all purchase history where the auction firm records you as the winner.
- "My Archived Bids"...Access your individual bidding history for major sales back to 2014.
Basic Version $30 / 90 days -- we will give you 7 days limited access while you remit payment. Everything listed above for 3 months.
Dealer / PowerUser $479 / year -- we will give you 7 day limited access to the basic version while you remit payment. It includes the basic features, the following and more to come! You will have access to the basic features until we process your payment.
- Aggregated Pricing Information. Examples: The Number of distinct buyers for a Stamp#, The number of different auction firms offering a Stamp#. Ask us for others
that you want to pull up.
- Anonymous Buy or Sell offer. Target a buyer or bidder for a Stamp, we will send an email on your behalf from StampAuctionNetwork to make the introduction.
Additional Charges apply if you send more than 500 emails.
- Expanded access to any of the Basic Version features, ie download a single Excel compatible data file for either (purchase history, Auction History, Archived bids)
- Research and Crowdsourcing. We recognize that each auction firm has submitted the data to use in varying formats. All the info is there, though it is not standardized. Powerusers with a collecting interest in a specific area may join us to make the database better through our "CrowdSourced Data Project".
We hope you sign up to use Extended Features today. Sincerely, Tom Droege