Stamp of the Day
From Collections - Daniel F. Kelleher Auctions, LLC - December 8-9, 2017
Lot 1001 -
Spinner, Francis E., Lincoln's Secretary of the Treasury. A total of three free franks on three different colors all-over advertizing for 36th Congress House of Representatives envelopes, one with just his signature, one mailed to Woodstock CT and the third mailed Little Falls NY, the two mailed with 1861 Washington DC Free c.d.s., great ephemeral material for Lincoln collectors, Very Fine.
Estimate $500 - 750
An American politician from New York. On the reco....Suggested Bid $500-750
Sold for US$ 450
Stamp of the Day
From Sale #W103 - Wholesale Lots - Discounted over 3 Days - Paradise Valley Stamp Company - December 18, 2017
Lot 1803 -
FRANCE MASSIVE FDC ACCUMULATION 1950s-2000s - WELL OVER 15,000 FIRST DAY COVERS, virtually all unaddressed and cacheted, the accumulation consists of several "collections" that is runs between different years, these of course overlap each other so there is duplication throughout, variety of cachets incl. silk cachets, some autographed by engravers or artists, the majority of first day covers from 1960s-90s, however some as early as the 1940s, with a number of 1950s covers as well, the la....$2,000
Currently US$ 2,000
Stamp of the Day
From Rare Stamps and Postal History of the World - Cherrystone Auctions - December 19-20, 2017
Lot 1250 -
1850 "Vaud" 5 centimes black and red, imperforate vertical strip of three, bearing three strikes of the "Federal Grill" cancel in black, margins all around, positions 58, 68 and 78 (in the plate of 100), faint overall toning and at bottom, partly erased Champion guarantee mark on back, splendid multiple, v.f. and extremely rare, signed Sismondo, with his 2017 certificate ("a search of auction and private treaty offerings of important collections offered over the last 30 years, only one defective....Est.$20,000
Currently US$ 15,000
Stamp Auction Network News and Facts
- June 9th, 2016. Live Bidding results at WSS-NY 2016. Even though the entire world was at WSS, SAN Live
bidders who were not at the show brought home great stamps. Live Bidders won $1,059,000 of lots offered by the four
auction houses at WSS, and were the underbidders on another $700,000 worth of material, bringing the total impact of
SAN live bidders to $1,734,000. Thank you live bidders!
- May 29, 2016. Live Bidding at World Stamp Show-NY 2016. We are pleased to announce
that all of the auctioneers at WSS-NY 2016 will also make their
auctions available to StampAuctionNetwork bidders using our live bidding
platform on any device. You can bid from anywhere in the world,
or even the auction room floor using StampAuctionNetwork's live bidding.
- April 18th, 2016. Tour de Cure Charity Auction to Benefit the American Diabetes Association. Our 4th annual auction for diabetes
was a record breaker! Over $45,000 was raised that will go directly to research efforts to cure diabetes. My ride will
be May 14th and 15th. Thanks again to all our auction sponsors who made generous donations of stamps and covers for the
auction, and to our collector friends who also made contributions. A special thanks to Daniel Kelleher LLC who at the last
minute provided some excellent Asia material which was hotly contested. When the dust had settled, Kelleher was
responsible for over $30,000 of the $45,500 total. Paradise Vally and Earl P.L. Apfelbaum also made large contributions.
- December 31, 2014. Announcing StampAuctionNetwork for Mobile Devices! Just click on the link or go to
mStampAuctions.com or StampAuctionMobile.com to use StampAuctionNetwork on any of your mobile devices. The new interface has
been in development for a year now, and has been tested by our own StampAuctionNetwork mobile evaluation team, so it is ready for
general use. Please send any additional feedback my way!
- July 10, 2014. The 1st Fantasy Philately! contest is concluded. See the Results!
- June 26, 2014, a 30c Ultramarine & Carmine, Flags Inverted (121b) sold in the Siegel Rarities of the World to a SAN Live Bidder for $290,000. See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- May 13, 2014, a few new records for SAN Live Bidders. The C3a 24¢ Invert Position 89, sold
to a SAN Live bidder for $230,000. Interestingly, it last sold to a different SAN Live bidder two years
earlier for $150,000.See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- April 1, 2014. The 2nd Annual TourdeCure Charity Auction for the American Diabetes Association
realized over $11,000. The autographed copy of Bill Gross's book sold for $775.
- November 5, 2013. Announcing "Fantasy Philately" at StampAuctionNetwork.com
- June 25, 2013, SAN Live Bidders shattered several 6 year records which I did not think would be broken.
First the new record for a single lot sold to a live bidder is $1,950,000 breaking the old record of
$650,000. The new monthly record is already over $5 million which breaks the previous
monthly record of $4.3 million. See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- June 8, 2013 - Let us do your Searches for you! Manage your Saved Searches and opt in for email notification. Just Login, and pick Search to turn your
saved searched into email notifications. You will get matches on your searches via email when the auctions are first posted.
- May 23rd, 2013 - Language Translation Introduced. Press the "Translate On" button to translate from English to any of
several dozen languages, or to translate to English. Please send your comments to email@example.com.
- March 29, 2013 - A record month at StampAuctionNetwork. 3,931 lots sold to 476 different
live bidders for $3,870,432 for the month of March, 2013!
- March 29, 2013 ** New Records** See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- January 30, 2013. New Search Features let you pull lots added since a date and then save that data to an excel file.
- StampAuctionNetwork is on Facebook! Like us!
- May 4th, 2012. We added some pagination to the search feature to make it easier to use. No limits on results now.
- Dec 14th, 2011. Non US Live bidders take most of Kelleher Delta Collection. 51% of the sale went to Live Bidders,
but the US made up only 10% of that. Most went to Saudia Arabian, Egyptian, and UAE bidders.
- October 31, 2011 - A record month at StampAuctionNetwork. 2,985 lots sold to 620 different
live bidders for $3,851,952 for the month of October, 2011!
- June, 2007. $650,000 record for a lot sold on the Internet,
$3.1 Million, record for a day,
$4.3 Million to Live Bidders for the month.
- October 16, 2011 - Another busy live bidding week.
1534 lots were sold to live bidders totaling $1.3 million
and 348 different winning bidders participated in
auctions by Siegel, Apfelbaum, and Kelleher.
- August 19-20, 2011 - a record 171 different live bidders were sucessful in
the Spink Shreve's Collector's series sale.
- June 4-5, 2010 - 137 different Live Bidders took home a record 837 lots totaling $660,000
at the Harmers Sale.
- March 12, 2010 - A record 154 Live Bidders took home 515 lots totaling $672,635
at Spink Shreve's Collector's series sale.
- Robert A. Siegel sells over 40% of Sale 983 to Live Bidders - February 23, 2010
- 3,421 unique visits per day as of February, 2010
- September 13, 2008 -
A record 130 Live Bidders took home 796 lots totaling $817,000
at Spink Shreve's Collector's series sale.
- with over 16,000 Registered Bidders!
- October 21-24, 2010 - a record 174 different Live Bidders took home a record 1014 lots totaling $576,215 at the
Daniel Kelleher Sale.
- $2.7 Million to Live Bidders in April, 2009
- $2.5 Million to Live Bidders in May, 2008,
Riding for Diabetes!
This May, I will be riding for Diabetes. (click here to donate)
This is my 8th year, riding for the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure fundraising event.
Last year, StampAuctionNetwork users gave over $45,000 to support me in this effort and put me in 1st place!
This is a favorite riding photo of mine. I am near the top of the Beartooth Hwy pass between Red Lodge, Montana and the
North East entrance to Yellowstone. It was June and there were still 5 foot snow drifts carved off the highway and skiers
at the top!
Click this link to see how I am doing and to give a donation.