As of May, 2016 This site averages 4,500 unique visits each day. Since 1994 (22 years)
over 7000 Catalogs by more than 228 different auction firms have been posted,
totaling over 29 million lots since Stamp Auction Network was started. Typically,
there are 800,000 total lots at SAN broken out as 200,000 active/open lots, 400,000 lots with
prices realized, and another 200,000 lots that are closed with no prices realized posted.
There are over 25,000 active registered bidders at SAN (70% North American - 30% Worldwide).
At SAN you have access to over 1.9 million lots each year. SAN bidders make a real impact on Philately, buying $42 million
using SAN each year, and leaving bids worth $50 million.
If you would like to register to be on our email list send an email to tldroege@StampAuctionNetwork.com
and mention "Register for Stamp Auction Network", Please also let us know how you found out about
Stamp Auction Network.
StampAuctionNetwork.com is the place to be if you want to see Online auction
catalogs from any of the following renowned auction firms:
- 1994 - First to offer complete auction catalogs on the Internet
- 1994 - First to offer complete prices realized from a major auction firm on the Internet
- 1994 - First major presence for Auctions on the Internet
- 1996 - First to offer interactive Bidding
- 1997 - First fully Illustrated auction by a major auction firm
- 1997 - First to log over 10,000 visits in a month
- 1998 - First complete US Collection offered on the Internet - Zoellner Sale
- 1998 - First to reach over 1 Million Lots offered on the Internet
- 1998 - First to reach over 500 complete Auction Catalogs on the Internet
- 1999 - Received the highest award for any auction related Internet site for the 2 first Internet Competitions.
- 1999 - First to reach over 2 Million Lots offered on the Internet with 1,000 catalogs offered
- 2000 - Dynamic Interactive Bidding started
- 2000 - Live Internet Bidding Introduced - First conducted at Nutmeg's Confederate sale
- Fall 2005 - Live Internet Bidding accepted by Stamp Auction Industry
- Fall 2006 - Live Internet bidding passed $1 Million in one month
- Spring 2007 - Live Internet bidding passed $3 Million in one day!
- 2010 - First with a comprehensive search function.
- 2013 - First to offer language translation in 50 languages.
- 2014 - First to offer a mobile version
- to date - over 228 different auction firms have posted complete catalogs at StampAuctionNetwork
- to date - over 2.4 Billion dollars of stamps have been offered at StampAuctionNetwork.
That is more than five times the estimated revenue to date for eBAY in the same time period.
- to date - we maintain the most comprehensive auction calendar,
auction directory (over 300 entries worldwide), and the most complete linked
list to auction firms with web sites (over 244)
North American Auctions • Alex Cooper Auctioneers • Brigham Auctions Ltd. • Cherrystone Auctions • Colonial Stamp Company •
Daniel F. Kelleher Auctions, LLC • Downeast Stamps • Droege • Dutch Country Auctions/The Stamp Center • Earl P.L. Apfelbaum, Inc. •
Eastern Auctions • Emerald Ventures, LLC • France International • Fusco Auctions • GradedStamps.com • Harmers International, Inc. •
Harmer-Schau Auction Galleries, Inc. • HR Harmer • Hunt & Co. • James T. McCusker, Inc. • Jasmin Auctions • Jim Forte •
John Sheffield Philatelist Ltd. • Judaica Sales Reg’d • Longley Auctions • Matthew Bennett International • Michael E Aldrich Auction •
Modern Stamps, Inc. • MTM International • Northwestern Philatelic Auctions, Inc. • Paradise Valley Stamp Company, Inc •
Philip Weiss Auctions • R. Maresch & Son Auctions Ltd • Raritan Stamps, Inc. • Rasdale Stamp Company • RegencySuperior Auctions •
Richard Frajola • Robert A. Siegel Auction Galleries, Inc. • Ron Leith Auctions • Sam Houston Philatelics, Inc. •
Schuyler J. Rumsey Philatelic Auctions • Sparks Auctions • Spink USA • Sterling Kingbrook Auctions • Vance Auctions • Wild Rose Philatelic
International Auctions • A. Karamitsos • AB Philea • Apex Philatelics • Argyll Etkin Ltd • BEHR Philatelie •
Briefmarkenauktionen Alexander Schultz • Bruun Rasmussen Auctioneers • Burda Auction, s.r.o. • Ceres Philatelie •
Christoph Gärtner, Auktionshaus • Corbitts • Corinphila Auctions AG • Darabanth Auction House Co., Ltd. • David Feldman SA •
Dr. Reinhard Fischer Auktions • Essex Stamp Auctions • Filatelia Llach, S.L. • Francois Feldman • Gert Müller GmbH & Co. KG •
Ghiglione • Grosvenor • Guillermo Jalil - PHILATINO • Harmers Auction SA (Switzerland) • Heinrich Koehler Auctions •
Hellman Auctions Ltd • HWPH Historisches Wertpapierhaus AG • iberphil • InterAsia Auctions Limited • Jennes und Kluettermann Auktionshaus •
Kelleher & Rogers, Ltd. • Laser Invest srl • Michael Eastick & Associates Pty. Ltd. • Negev Holyland Stamps • Nordphila e.K. • NORSTAMPS •
Peter Rapp AG • Phoenix Auctions • Postiljonen AB • Postzegelveiling Rijnmond • Rauss & Fuchs GmbH • Richard Allan Stamp Auctions •
Romano House of Stamp Sales • ROUMET Philately • Sandafayre Ltd. • Schlegel Auctions • Schwarzenbach Auktion Zürich • Soler y Llach •
Spink London • Status International • The Stamp Group • Torsten Weller • Universal Philatelic Auctions • VACCARI s.r.l. •
van Dieten Stamp Auctions • Van Looy and Van Looy Stamp Auctions • Walter Fuerst Philately
One of 10 "Most Important Philatelic Web Site"s as determined by
about.stamps.com. Sept - 2001
Gold Medal Midaphil 2000.
Highest rated Auction Site at Midaphil 1999.
Droege Computing Services is pleased to announce that Stamp
Auction Network was the highest rated Auction Site in the 1999 FIP Philatelic Web
Droege Computing Services is pleased to announce that Stamp
Auction Network is the recipient of the prestigious.. "Quiet Revolution 5-Star Award"
for presentation excellence. Other Quiet Revolution Recipients
Stamp Auction Network News and Facts
- November 14th, the new record for a single C3a 24¢ Invert Position 49, sold
to a SAN Live bidder for $1,350,000 + the buyers commission -- this is 2nd place on the all-time highest prices paid using Live Bidding. The bidder was asked if he wanted to be on the phone, and he said, "No I'm fine with StampAuctionNetwork Live".See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- June 20, 2018 -- StampAuctionNetwork Agent Bidding was thoroughly test and performed exceptionally. We had 7 bidders participate in the test, They bid on 40 lots in the Siegel International Sale, they won 8 lots, won all the ties, bought lots totalling $14,500, and saved $1,650 at a cost of $145.
SAN Agent fees are waived in June, 2018 to anyone who uses the service. You must join StampAuctionNetwork Basic or Extended features at some level (trial, BASIC, Extended, or PowerUser), but that can be as little as $9.95/year. Fees are 1% of the hammer price.
- June 13, 2018 -- StampAuctionNetwork goes over $1 Billion! (adjusted for currency).
With the addition of a number of recent David Feldman SA sales, and the restoration of Shreves Sales 7-39, 151-157, and 161-162 (31,000 lots with PR's of 45 million), StampAuctionNetwork officially crosses
the $1 Billion mark in prices realized. No other auction site has this significant a database of prices realized.
- June 11, 2018. Instructional Videos and Webinars are released at StampAuctionNetwork starting with "StampAuctionNetwork Agent Bidding Explained"
- February 23, 2018. Announcing StampAuctionNetwork Extended Features!
- December 20, 2017. Record Breaking Results. SAN Bidders broke the record for percent of Sales sold for a major sale. Over 83% of Robert A Siegel's sale 1173 sold to SAN bidders, with another 11% of Lots where the SAN bidder was the underbidder. Only 6% of lots sold without SAN competition.
- June 9th, 2016. Live Bidding results at WSS-NY 2016. Even though the entire world was at WSS, SAN Live
bidders who were not at the show brought home great stamps. Live Bidders won $1,059,000 of lots offered by the four
auction houses at WSS, and were the underbidders on another $700,000 worth of material, bringing the total impact of
SAN live bidders to $1,734,000. Thank you live bidders!
- May 29, 2016. Live Bidding at World Stamp Show-NY 2016. We are pleased to announce
that all of the auctioneers at WSS-NY 2016 will also make their
auctions available to StampAuctionNetwork bidders using our live bidding
platform on any device. You can bid from anywhere in the world,
or even the auction room floor using StampAuctionNetwork's live bidding.
- April 18th, 2016. Tour de Cure Charity Auction to Benefit the American Diabetes Association. Our 4th annual auction for diabetes
was a record breaker! Over $45,000 was raised that will go directly to research efforts to cure diabetes. My ride will
be May 14th and 15th. Thanks again to all our auction sponsors who made generous donations of stamps and covers for the
auction, and to our collector friends who also made contributions. A special thanks to Daniel Kelleher LLC who at the last
minute provided some excellent Asia material which was hotly contested. When the dust had settled, Kelleher was
responsible for over $30,000 of the $45,500 total. Paradise Vally and Earl P.L. Apfelbaum also made large contributions.
- December 31, 2014. Announcing StampAuctionNetwork for Mobile Devices! Just click on the link or go to
mStampAuctions.com or StampAuctionMobile.com to use StampAuctionNetwork on any of your mobile devices. The new interface has
been in development for a year now, and has been tested by our own StampAuctionNetwork mobile evaluation team, so it is ready for
general use. Please send any additional feedback my way!
- July 10, 2014. The 1st Fantasy Philately! contest is concluded. See the Results!
- June 26, 2014, a 30c Ultramarine & Carmine, Flags Inverted (121b) sold in the Siegel Rarities of the World to a SAN Live Bidder for $290,000. See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- May 13, 2014, a few new records for SAN Live Bidders. The C3a 24¢ Invert Position 89, sold
to a SAN Live bidder for $230,000. Interestingly, it last sold to a different SAN Live bidder two years
earlier for $150,000.See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- April 1, 2014. The 2nd Annual TourdeCure Charity Auction for the American Diabetes Association
realized over $11,000. The autographed copy of Bill Gross's book sold for $775.
- November 5, 2013. Announcing "Fantasy Philately" at StampAuctionNetwork.com
- June 25, 2013, SAN Live Bidders shattered several 6 year records which I did not think would be broken.
First the new record for a single lot sold to a live bidder is $1,950,000 breaking the old record of
$650,000. The new monthly record is already over $5 million which breaks the previous
monthly record of $4.3 million. See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- June 8, 2013 - Let us do your Searches for you! Manage your Saved Searches and opt in for email notification. Just Login, and pick Search to turn your
saved searched into email notifications. You will get matches on your searches via email when the auctions are first posted.
- May 23rd, 2013 - Language Translation Introduced. Press the "Translate On" button to translate from English to any of
several dozen languages, or to translate to English. Please send your comments to tldroege@StampAuctionNetwork.com.
- March 29, 2013 - A record month at StampAuctionNetwork. 3,931 lots sold to 476 different
live bidders for $3,870,432 for the month of March, 2013!
- March 29, 2013 ** New Records** See the top prices paid by SAN live bidders.
- January 30, 2013. New Search Features let you pull lots added since a date and then save that data to an excel file.
- StampAuctionNetwork is on Facebook! Like us!
- May 4th, 2012. We added some pagination to the search feature to make it easier to use. No limits on results now.
- Dec 14th, 2011. Non US Live bidders take most of Kelleher Delta Collection. 51% of the sale went to Live Bidders,
but the US made up only 10% of that. Most went to Saudia Arabian, Egyptian, and UAE bidders.
- October 31, 2011 - A record month at StampAuctionNetwork. 2,985 lots sold to 620 different
live bidders for $3,851,952 for the month of October, 2011!
- June, 2007. $650,000 record for a lot sold on the Internet,
$3.1 Million, record for a day,
$4.3 Million to Live Bidders for the month.
- October 16, 2011 - Another busy live bidding week.
1534 lots were sold to live bidders totaling $1.3 million
and 348 different winning bidders participated in
auctions by Siegel, Apfelbaum, and Kelleher.
- August 19-20, 2011 - a record 171 different live bidders were sucessful in
the Spink Shreve's Collector's series sale.
- June 4-5, 2010 - 137 different Live Bidders took home a record 837 lots totaling $660,000
at the Harmers Sale.
- March 12, 2010 - A record 154 Live Bidders took home 515 lots totaling $672,635
at Spink Shreve's Collector's series sale.
- Robert A. Siegel sells over 40% of Sale 983 to Live Bidders - February 23, 2010
- 3,421 unique visits per day as of February, 2010
- September 13, 2008 -
A record 130 Live Bidders took home 796 lots totaling $817,000
at Spink Shreve's Collector's series sale.
- with over 16,000 Registered Bidders!
- October 21-24, 2010 - a record 174 different Live Bidders took home a record 1014 lots totaling $576,215 at the
Daniel Kelleher Sale.
- $2.7 Million to Live Bidders in April, 2009
- $2.5 Million to Live Bidders in May, 2008,
How we compare to our closest competitor - Philasearch
||StampAuctionNetwork is the #1 Stamp Auction Site
||Philasearch is the largest Worldwide Philatelic Marketplace
||Auctions and Dealers
||25,000 (70% US - 30% Worldwide)
||45,000 (mostly German speaking)
||228 Auction Firms
||200 Auction Firms and Dealers
||1.9 Million / year
||1.5 Million / year
||$24 Million - $50 Million in Top Bids
|World Records - Single Lot sold
||Their best at $270,000 would be 5th on our list
||Our Translate Button supports 50 different languages including Chinese, Japonese, and Hindi and translates from either English, or the language
the auction is posted in (French, German, etc.). You can hover over the translated text to see the original text
||German and English
Articles from The Collectors Guide to Stamp Auctions and previous postings
at Stamp Auction Network
Stamp Auctions - All You Wanted to Know
Gilbert Roderick of Downeast Stamps wrote the first article which was
published in the first Guide. We appreciate the good work he did on
this piece that relates good information to the beginning auction buyer.
On the Floor of the Auction
Scott Trepel, President of the well-known Siegel Auction Galleries in New
York, wrote the second article, which shares the insight and experience he
has gained as a true "veteran" of the industry.
Steps to Buying Stamps at Auction
The article by Lowell S. Newman is a compilation of several columns
written for the American Stamp Dealer's Association. Our heartfelt thanks
to Joe Savarese, Executive Director, American Stamp Dealers Association,
for allowing us to use the material.
What is an Auction Agent
Last, but not least, is Jeff Purser's, of Purser Associates, article on the
benefits of using an auction agent. His firm has an excellent reputation
among buyers and auction firms alike. In his article, Jeff raises difficult
questions that, as a buyer, you should consider.
The Sandford Fleming 3 Pence Essay - Charles G. Firby's research on Canada's first postage stamp.
Auction Viewer (AV) is a DOS program to facilitate the use of
"Zipped" auction catalogs downloaded from Stamp Auction Network.
Download Auction Viewer. Review Readme.txt.
Contact the Author, Frank Crown.
Other Web Sites by Droege
Our company writes custom business applications, but we have found ourselves
also in the web business. If you are interested, the following web sites
were also created by Droege. Contact us if you would like us to build a web
site for you. tldroege@StampAuctionNetwork.com