- Lots will be sold to the highest bidder at one increment above the second highest bid.
- Telephone bids will be accepted up to 4:00 pm on the day of the auction and should be immediately followed up with a written confirmation.
- A commission of 15% will be added to the hammer price of each lot sold and becomes part of the total purchase price.
- British Columbia residents will be charged 12% HST on their total purchases; 13% HST for Ontario - Newfoundland - New Brunswick residents; 15% HST for Nova Scotia residents. All other Canadian residents are subject to 5% GST on their purchases.
- Terms of sale is strictly cash payable within five days of purchase notification. All lots remain the property of Ron Leith Auctions on behalf of the seller until such time as they are paid for in full.
- Lots weighing under 10 pounds (4.5 kg) will be mailed for "FREE" in Canada and USA including $100 insurance. Additional insurance at $2.00 per $100 indemnity is available upon request.
- Over 10 pound lots and Overseas lots will be mailed at the actual postage amount.
- All printed Catalogue Prices and Floor Bids are in Canadian funds. All online Prices and Bids are in Canadian funds. Payments are accepted in Canadian funds, US funds, or any other major worldwide currency with exchange rates on the day of the sale applicable. VISA and MasterCard are also accepted subject to a 3% processing fee. Credit card sales are billed in Canadian funds that are converted to other currencies by the credit card companies at their prevailing exchange rates.
- For bidders unknown to us, invoices will be sent in advance and lots forwarded upon receipt of remittance. USA checks require at least ten days to clear.
- The auctioneer reserves the right to combine lots, withdraw lots from the sale, or to act on behalf of the seller. Ron Leith Auctions will bid on behalf of clients, but will not be responsible for any errors in the execution of bidding instructions. The auctioneer will regulate the bidding and in the event of any dispute, his decision shall be final.
- Prices listed are either Catalogue Prices or Estimated Market Values based on condition and current prices realized at North American auctions. Unless specifically stated otherwise, Stamp lots will be sold at unreserved prices. Due to the specialized nature of Postal History, Cover and Postcard lots are reserved at half the estimated value. The minimum bid is $20 Cdn on any auction lot.
- Bids that do not conform to the standard bid intervals listed below will automatically be reduced to the next lower level.bids up to $100.00 .............. advance ... $ 5.00
- bids $100.00 to $200.00 ....... advance ... $ 10.00
- bids $200.00 to $500.00 ...... advance ... $ 20.00
- bids $500.00 to $1000.00 ..... advance ... $ 50.00
- bids over $1000.00 ............... advance ... $100.00
- Any lot where the description is proven incorrect may be returned within 5 days of receipt. The following lots may not be returned for any reason whatsoever: Lots containing 10 or more items; Lots from buyers who had the opportunity to examine them prior to the sale; Lots described as having defects; Illustrated lots due to stamp centring, straight-edges or any other factor that may be shown in the illustration. Returned lots will be accepted only if they are received in exactly the same condition they were sent including on the original auction lot card with plastic protector.
- Cover descriptions take into account the age, postal handling and overall appearance of the cover. The following factors may not always be mentioned and are not grounds for returning a lot: torn or partially missing back flaps; file folds or minor creases that do not affect the adhesives; minor soiling from actual postal duty; small tears 3-4mm or less in length that do not affect the adhesives.
- All lots are sold as genuine but should any lot be proven otherwise by written opinion of any competent expertising authority acceptable by us, immediate refund of the full purchase price will be made. No refund will be made unless the auctioneer is alerted of the request for authenticity check within five days of receipt of the lot and the lot has been submitted to an acceptable authority within that period. In all cases, lots must still be paid in full within 5 days of invoice receipt. We will not be responsible for any charges incurred by the buyer for expertising services unless the opinion specifically states the item in not genuine, in which case we will pay the expertising costs up to a maximum of $50.00 and interest for the buyers funds on deposit at the prevailing Bank of Canada rate. It will be assumed that lots submitted for expertising are accepted by the buyer if we are not notified to the contrary within 90 days. At this time Consignors will be paid and no subsequent lot returns can be considered.
- If the purchase price has not been paid within the time limit, lots must be resold and any loss arising from such sale will be charged to the defaulter. Any account more than thirty days in arrears is subject to a late payment charge of 2% per month plus all collection costs.
- The placing of a bid constitutes acceptance of the foregoing conditions of sale.